Save Time and Money with this Handmade Foaming Soap - Super Simple!
We do a lot of hand washing in this house...especially during this time of year. Being the owner of a handmade soap company, we use our own cold process soap for everything in this house (hand and body washing, shampoo, shaving, and face care). However, my kids love the foaming kind best so I had to get creative (anything to get kids to wash their hands, right?).
I found this recipe on one of my favorite blogs, Wellness Mama, and got to work making up a few batches. I was hooked! It is so super simple (even my littles can do it) and it SAVES a ton of money (score!). We have now used it for over three years and it works like a charm.
Before you begin, you’ll need a foaming hand soap container. You can order one online, but I chose the more frugal option - buy a bottle of foaming hand soap (like this one) in fun colors and pour it out if it isn’t natural or reuse it after it is empty.
Handmade Foaming Hand Soap:
- 12-ounces of Water (distilled or boiled is best but not needed if it will be used within a few weeks)
- 2 Tablespoons Liquid castile Soap
- ½ tsp liquid oil like olive, almond, or fractionated coconut oil
- Essential oils of choice for scent (optional)
- Fill the soap dispenser to about 1 inch of the top (leaving room for the bulky foaming pump and the soap to be added).
- Add at least 2 tablespoons of liquid castile soap to the water mixture (NOTE: do not add the soap first or it will create bubbles when the water is added.
Enjoy the foaming splendor! Hand washing is one of the best ways to prevent the spread of infection during this cold and flu season.