We’re big fans of coffee over here at Wooly Beast Naturals. We also live in the part of the country that is best known for its coffee (Starbucks and Stumptown to name a few). We even created two coffee-scented vegan soy wax candles to celebrate our love of coffee: ‘Stumptown’ is a woodsy coffee scented candle and ‘Coffee in the Rain’ is a warm and fresh blend of rain and caramel drizzled coffee.
And so, when this time of year rolls around, I savor every warm sip of my coffee. The days are shorter and the air is crisper. The time of harvest brings with it cooler temperatures and the ever popular PUMPKIN LATTE. I am not a fan of the artificially-sweetened versions that pop up in places like Starbucks. And, according to Food Babe, it’s filled with all kinds of things that are bad for you (see the image below). You may be saying, “But what if I want to get in on that autumn goodness without all of the badness?” I’m with you.
So, we scoured the internet for the best natural (and healthy) pumpkin spiced lattes and here is our TOP PICK from Detoxinista:
Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte
This dairy-free pumpkin spice latte is naturally-sweetened and vegan, for a healthy alternative to Starbucks. It's ready in just minutes!
Calories: 79 kcal
- 1 cup homemade (or store bought) almond milk
- 1 cup hot brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender, and blend until smooth and creamy. (Or you can simply whisk the ingredients together in a pan over medium heat on the stove-- use a whisk to combine well!)
- Adjust flavor to taste, and serve warm. A high-speed blender should keep the contents hot enough to serve immediately, but if you're using a traditional blender, you may want to transfer the contents to a saucepan and warm over the stove top before serving
Enjoy sipping this yummy (and guilt-free) beverage while burning a vegan soy candle.